SNDs newest device called ACME4 is a professional centralcontrol system for musical synchronisation signals. The abbreviation ACME stands for "Advanced Clock Management Engine".
Is is the only device in the world to generate a MIDI master clock that is absolutely jitter-free !!
- Derives a highly accurate clock from any audio workstation or computer
- Generates 4 separate clock streams
- Each clock stream has its individual MIDI output. 2 streams also generate 24-ppq signals (?Roland sync?), while the other 2 provide trigger and reset signals for analog sequencers and arpeggiators.
- Each clock stream can be time-shifted in relation to the master clock, in extremely small increments as well as in 16th-note steps.
- Each clock stream can be set to double or half tempo, and can be turned on and off without loosing synchronicity.
- A swing or shuffle factor can be set individually for each clock stream. The swing pattern can be the same for all 4 streams, or it can be a different one for each. A software editor for these patterns is included.
- Complete settings of all controls can be stored and recalled. All parameters can be remote controlled via MIDI. A setup mode allows to set precise absolute offsets for each clock, to compensate for technical reaction time differences of the various devices connected.
- Like all SND products, the ACME-4 has been designed with great attention to detail. The 32-bit risc-processor ensures lightning-fast reaction. High-grade components (gold-plated jacks, switches, and push-buttons, sealed Alps potentiometers etc.) and a rugged metal casing ensure decades of reliable operation.