Powerful analog filtering and distortion unit with a huge frequency range and a killing TUBE overdrive behavior.
Easy and FUN to use, live and in the studio. The Sherman Filterbank feels at home in various surroundings
If you’re lucky enough to posses a modular system, the Sherman will be your favourite module. it is patchable at any point in your modular chain, and will provide simply exquisite filtered and overdriven sound. Connections may also include trigger and voltage signals in both directions. Wipe the dust off your old FM synth, as the Sherman Filterbank MK2 generates nice results with this type of signal.
Even a simple sawtooth will be enough to discover new, amazing sounds at the turn of a knob.
The Sherman Filterbank is an analog synthesiser with no competition in its price class.
In any studio it ‘s the most inspiring effect unit of all. From precise equalizing on critical tracks, to brain-frying filter sweeps, you always have total control.
The knobs have different colors to guide you quickly. get a hand-on feel and just keep kicking the sonic energy in this pure analog machine, over and over again. No wonder many engineers became real Sherman Filterbank addicts. Guitar & Bass players will discover a whole new dimension in the creation of their personal sound, what’s more, without giving up their familiar way of performing, they will find an updated place in today’s sound world.
The input sensitivity is a perfect line level adjuster up to the middle position.
There, it becomes more sensitive, up to overdrive with microphone level
Plug in a mike, and enjoy processing any acoustic sound source. Drums & Percussion can trigger the ADSR and AR generators, or apply their dynamics via the envelope follower to e.g. a string pad passing through the filterbank. In the meantime, midi out will send out the acoustic triggering in a very accurately timed way, for later re-use or for direct triggering of another filterbank. Simple but more useful in practice than you might think. Not happy with the internal filter sound of your s-s-sampler ? The Sherman Filterbank MK2 is the cure, providing the nice velvet feel of a rotating knob for each parameter included.
- The universal tool that turns your set-up into an inspiring laboratory
- A powerful analog filtering and distortion unit with a huge frequency range and a killing TUBE overdrive behavior
- Easy and fun to use, live and in the studio
- Application: processing every sound source, effect mixing, expanding modular systems, etc.
- Independent low pass, band pass and high pass filters with resonance, frequency and ADSR (positive - negative) controls, switchable between parallel or serial
- The second filter has a 6 octave switch, and is synchronizable with the first filter
- 1 ADSR generator for these filters with an external output for use with more filterbanks or modular systems, triggered by the incoming signal, by a second sounds source, or by a gate
- 1 FM input for the filters, internal or external audio, LFO or CV
- 1 VCA overdrive with AR generator also
- 1 ring modulator input, internal or external audio, LFO or CV
- Input impedance: 1 Mohm at 1KHz
- Usable input level: 1mVolt to 10 Volts top-top
- Output impedance: 600 Ohm
- Nominal output level: 0.7 Volt Rms line level
- Power consumption: 7.5 Watt
- Filter frequency range: 0 HZ (!) up to 30 KHz