The Roland System-1m is a semi-modular synthesizer with PLUG-OUT capability. It can be used as either a table top synth, Eurorack module or as a 19" rack-mount unit thanks to its unique design.
Modular synthesisers are commended by musicians for their ability to create interesting and unique sounds, but it takes a great amount of time and money to create a fully functional instrument. The System-1m completely debunks this, making it easy to make great sounds with the freedom to experiment right out of the box. The fully self-contained module can be placed in a rack or on a table and can be powered by standard AC power. The System-1m features fully-lit, colour coded patch points making it easy to reconfigure its architecture and easily connect to a wide world of available synthesizer modules.
The System-1m is capable of an astonishing range of synth tones, from glistening arps to thunderous basses. But Roland, known for their lineage of iconic vintage instruments, have included a long list list of classic synths renowned for their identifiable character and genre-defining tone. This is why Roland invented PLUG-OUT technology. This technology uses Roland's Analog Circuit Behavior technology to perfectly replicate classic synths. They work like regular VST or AU compatible plugins in a DAW, with the SYSTEM-1m’s array of high-resolution knobs and sliders creating an elegant, one-to-one control surface that works seamlessly.
PLUG-OUT synths can also be loaded directly into the System-1m, and can be switched between the internal synthesizer architecture and one of a growing number of PLUG-OUT Roland classics, without the need for a computer.
The fully self-contained module can be placed in a rack or on a table and can be powered by standard AC power. As well as this, the System-1m can be mounted into a Eurorack case and can be powered via integrated case power with the included adapter cable. Furthermore, it can be played from any standard MIDI keyboard or receive MIDI messages from your DAW.
- Semi-modular synthesizer with PLUG-OUT capability
- 19 colour-coded CV/Gate and audio connections with LED lighting
- 84 HP Eurorack, table-top and 19” rack compatible using AC or Eurorack power
- Versatile oscillators with six waveforms, Crossmod, Ring Mod, Sync and Colour control
- All parameters controlled with high-resolution knobs and sliders with LED indicators
- External input for processing external signals through filter, amp and FX section
- -12 dB and -24 dB filter types with independent high-pass filters
- Integrated tone, crusher, reverb and delay effects
- Tempo syncing for LFO and delay
- 24-bit/96kHz audio and MIDI interface
- AIRA Link for easy connection to MX-1 Mix Performer
- Includes rack-mount adapter and braided patch cables