Wij gebruiken cookies om uw ervaring beter te maken. Om te voldoen aan de cookie wetgeving, vragen we uw toestemming om de cookies te plaatsen. Meer informatie.
The SH-2 Software Synthesizer is an authentic sonic reproduction of Roland’s classic SH-2 synthesizer from 1979. Renowned for its raw vintage tone, the SH-2’s dual VCO plus sub-oscillator configuration dishes out devastatingly fat basses, edgy leads, and wild effects.
In the late 1970s, synthesizers were undergoing a significant transition with the development of polyphony and onboard patch memory. As the world’s synth manufacturers raced to develop these new technologies, Roland launched a seemingly basic monophonic synthesizer—the now-classic SH-2.
Released around the same time as Roland’s pioneering JUPITER-4, the SH-2’s functionality was conservative by comparison. But its configuration of two VCOs and a sub-oscillator essentially gave it three VCOs, making it capable of extremely fat and warm analog synth tones. To this day, many synth aficionados feel it produces the most earth-shaking, bone-rattling synth bass sounds of all time.
The SH-2 software leverages Roland’s deep knowledge of the original units to faithfully capture every fine detail, right down to the interaction between the individual circuits. Everything has been reproduced exactly, from the self-oscillating VCF to the attack and decay characteristics of the steep envelope. The original’s unique harmonic makeup and pitch wavering are present, as are behaviors that occur only in analog circuitry, like the subtle effect on tonality when parameters unrelated to the actual tone are adjusted. There are even some new features that were not available on the original:
- VCO range is expandable to 64' for ultra-deep bass
- Two ADSR envelopes
- Modern effects: reverb, tempo-syncing delay, and bit-crusher
- Auto-bend with support for reverse actions
- Tempo-syncing arpeggiator
The SH-2 also supports our PLUG-OUT format for extended operation with Roland hardware synths like the SYSTEM-8 or the smaller SYSTEM-1. Transfer sounds back and forth between the hardware and software, and PLUG-OUT directly to the hardware synth to create a standalone SH-2 that goes anywhere and doesn’t require a computer. You can also use the hardware’s knobs and sliders for hands-on control when the plug-in is hosted in your DAW.
- Faithful recreation of classic monophonic synthesizer sound from late '70s
- Built in Arpeggiator with pitch shifting that syncs to your DAW
- ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) component level replication
- Five waveforms to choose from including sine, triangle, sawtooth, square and random
- Three VCOs with PWM, fine/coarse tune, auto-bend and more
- Sub oscillator for huge bass sounds
- Added features not available on the original; Expanded VCO range, two envelopes, reverb, delay and crusher effects
- Seamless plug-out integration with SYSTEM-1 for use without a computer
- Added features to fit the demands of modern production such as increased VCO range to 64' for ultra-deep bass, two ADSR envelopes, modern effects, auto-bend and tempo-synced arpeggiator.
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz
- Tones per 1 bank: 64 patches
- Tune: 430 Hz–450 Hz
- Maximum Polyphony:1 voice
◦ Reverb level
◦ Delay time
◦ Delay level
- Plug-out hardware: SYSTEM-1
- Plug-In formats: VSTi 3.6 (32 bits, 64 bits), AU
System requirements :
- Operating System:
◦ Mac: macOS 10.8.5 or later
◦ Windows: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1, Microsoft Windows 8/8.1, Microsoft Windows 10. Incompatible with Windows RT, Windows Phone or virtual machines such as Hyper-V, Virtual PC.
- Host Application:
▪ VST instruments (VSTi) version: VST 3.6 compatible
▪ Audio Units (AU) version: V2 Audio Units compatible
▪ VST instruments (VSTi) version: VST 2.4/3.6 compatible
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo or better
- RAM: 4 GB or more
- Hard disk space: 100 MB or more
- Display resolution and colour:
▪ 1280 x 800 dots or higher, 16.7 million colors or more
▪ 1280 x 800 dots or higher, 24 bits Full Color or more
- You'll need Internet connectivity to activate this software.
- You'll need Adobe Reader (available free of charge) in order to read the online help.
- You'll need installation SYSTEM-1 driver to plug-out this software to the SYSTEM-1