The Nord Lead 4 is a four-part multi-timbral performance synthesizer with advanced layering and synchronisation technologies, new filter types and effects.
The Nord Lead 4 features two virtual analogue oscillators with two oversampling sound engines and adds a wavetable mode alongside the classic analogue waveforms and a unique new formant waveform. The True Voice Unison stacks up to four oscillators per voice for soaring leads, dense pads and thick bass lines. Furthering the sound design possibilities are the Frequency Modulation and Hard/Soft sync options for your less than organic tones, bell chimes and tearing pads.
The filter types include the usual Hi-Pass, Low-Pass and Band-Pass models with 12/24dB slopes alongside the newly designed transistor and diode ladder filters, with all the character and subtle intricacies of the originals. The filters can be overdriven like the originals but with a dedicated controller allowing the signal to be overdriven before the effects section.
The layout of the Nord Lead 4 has many of the key parameters attached to dedicated controllers giving you plenty of knobs to turn and allows your performance to be dynamic and expressive. The new Variation button lets you override any parameter of the synth instantaneously, giving you a unique performance experience – ever wanted to drop the reverb out for a particular chord? Stop the LFO on a lead at the end of a verse? Up to 7 assignable variations per programme let you twist and warp your sounds in sync with the music.
A comprehensive selection of effects includes reverb and delays as well as a tube amp overdrive, talk filter and bit crusher.
- Four-part multi-timbral with four separate outs
- Two-Oscillator Virtual Analog Subtractive synthesis, with Frequency Modulation, Hard and Soft Sync and True Voice Unison
- Morph and Variation performance controls
- Wavetable synthesis, including unique Formant Wavetables
- 12/24 dB Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass filter section plus transistor and diode ladder filter simulations
- Two LFO/Arpeggiator sections and Mod Env section with flexible routing possibilities
- LFO, Arpeggiator and Delay can be synchronized to the Master Clock (or external MIDI-Clock)
- Crush, Talk and Distortion, Reverb, Delay effects (available per slot)
- 2x oversampled sound engine
- 49¬-key velocity sensitive keyboard (C-C) (Not Nord Lead 4R)
- USB MIDI