The TT-303 from Cyclone Analogic is a reproduction of the most coveted bass synthesizer units, the TB-303. It is an analog, monophonic synthesizer with a built in sequencer, perfect for generating phat acid basslines for almost any style of electronic music. Its layout and circuit design is identical to the original, as well as its functionality, but has been made using 21st century technology and components.
The sequencer uses the classic step-entry programming that was present on the original TB-303, and holds up to 224 editable patterns, along with another 224 non-editable patterns. "Songs" up to 127 bars can be saved in a bank of 7, all being stored in flash memory, which means it will stay programmed even after the unit is powered down.
With the release of version two, some serious updates have been added. A TAP input mode for pattern programming allows for quick, performative programming that isn't bogged down by shift keys and tedious button clicking. MIDI implementation has also been expanded to include many new MIDI features. Nothing gets closer to the original than the BassBot TT-303.
- Selectable sawtooth or square-wave VCO
- 24dB 4-pole resonant analog filter
- Pattern rotation (left or right) one step in time
- Copy and Paste pattern banks
- Live pitch transpose (1/2-step up or down), live accent, and live slide (portamento)
- MIDI In, or MIDI In and Out with provided splitter cable
New features in MkII :
- Added TAP Input Mode for pattern programming
- The pattern generator function produces a wider range of keys and down/up modifiers
- Added pattern unroll function. This automatically loops and extends patterns to a length of 16, 32, or 64 steps
- Added pattern playback in MIDI Mode for improved integration with DAWs
- Added the Live Performance features to MIDI Mode
- Added Arpeggiator Mode copy and paste functions. The version of the pattern that the Arpeggiator is currently playing can be copied to the clipboard and pasted as a new pattern
- Added pattern color edit function to Arpeggiator Mode
- Added sequencer gate width setting (global setting)
- Adjusted the taper on the Tempo control to increase the accuracy within the most commonly used range of tempos
- Increased LED indicator refresh rate to reduce LED flicker on some video cameras and improve color representation
- Several Bugs Fixed