Wij gebruiken cookies om uw ervaring beter te maken. Om te voldoen aan de cookie wetgeving, vragen we uw toestemming om de cookies te plaatsen. Meer informatie.
Cranborne Audio Camden EC2
Two channel 19" preamp featuring our award-winning Camden 500 preamp topology, mojo analogue saturation circuits, and dual reference-quality headphone amplifiers with discrete line mixers.
Based on the award-winning Camden 500 Preamp and Signal Processor for 500 series, Camden EC2 combines the sonic capabilities of one of the markets cleanest and most transparent preamps with the flexibility of a compact 1u 19” chassis that can integrate into any recording setup with or without 500 series connectivity.
Featuring two discrete instances of Cranborne Audio’s ‘Camden’ preamp topology with the same Mojo analogue saturation circuit that engineers and musicians the world over have fallen in love with, Camden EC2 achieves stunning low-noise and low-distortion performance as well as frequency and phase linearity at all gain settings. The sum result is -129.8dB EIN (150ohm, unweighted), THD+N as low as 0.0002%, frequency response of ±0.7dB from 5Hz to 200kHz at max gain and <2° phase shift @ 20Hz – 20kHz.
12-way rotary gain switches for each preamp as well as dedicated Mic, Line, and Instrument modes allows Camden EC2 to perform in stereo/dual-mono mic’ing setups, stem saturation processing thanks to Mojo, and instrument DI solutions thanks to dedicated ¼” link-outputs for each channel.
Combined with Cranborne Audio’s custom Mojo analogue saturation circuit, Camden EC2 can take on the persona of a vintage british-style transformer-based preamp using Thump, a gooey tube-based preamp using Cream, or an astoundingly clean and natural preamp when Mojo is bypassed. Switch each Camden preamp into their line mode and now the Mojo saturation circuits can apply vintage colouration onto your stems and even stereo mixes during the mix phase.
Advanced Tracking Tool
Camden EC2 is a lot more than two Camden 500’s squeezed into a metal box. Two reference-quality headphone amplifiers with discrete line mixers allow for direct monitoring of both Camden preamps using headphones connected directly to Camden EC2’s front panel. Experiment during mic placement to find the sweet spot of a guitar cab, kick drum, or acoustic instrument; alternatively, configure them to create a zero-latency all analogue monitor mix combining the local Camden preamps with playback incoming from an external playback source via Camden EC2’s rear panel Aux Inputs.
Camden EC2 also utilises Cranborne Audio’s unique C.A.S.T. system for distributing audio around studios or stages using affordable cabling whilst achieving the highest sonic results. By repurposing the internal copper wires of a Cat 5 cable to transport balanced analogue audio to and from other C.A.S.T. enabled products, Camden EC2 can be used to expand the connectivity of your Cranborne Audio equipped studio.
If your studio is already built around a Cranborne Audio 500R8 or 500ADAT, connect Camden EC2 to their C.A.S.T input connectors and you can then receive Camden EC2’s preamps directly at the interface's inputs ready for further processing and recording. That same Cat 5 C.A.S.T. connection also transmits a stereo monitor mix generated by the 500R8/500ADAT back down the same Cat 5 cable and directly into Camden EC2’s Aux 1 headphone mixer for monitoring.
This flexibility allows 500R8/500ADAT users to relocate their Camden preamps elsewhere in the studio whilst freeing-up 500 series slots within 500R8/500ADAT to insert more EQ and Compressor modules after their Camden EC2 and before 500R8/500ADAT’s converters.
A Second C.A.S.T port on Camden EC2 allows you to relocate its rear panel I/O into a remote location such as a vocal booth or a live room using Cranborne Audio’s passive N22 passive C.A.S.T. breakout box or active N22H headphone amp. These breakout boxes enable the engineer using Camden EC2 to make the most out the available studio space by running an N22 into a hallway, reverb chamber, or alongside the musician in the isolation booth for direct monitoring and mic connectivity.
Designed, Engineered, and Manufactured In The UK
With an abundance of I/O available, Camden EC2 facilitates the maximum amount of flexibility with all 3rd party audio interfaces and recorders by including dedicated XLR outputs (26.5dBu max output level), Impedance balanced 1/4” jack outputs (20.5dBu Max output level), TRS insert points for connecting external hardware, and link outputs when using Camden EC2 as an instrument preamp.
So much more than two Camden 500’s in a metal box, Camden EC2 is another Cranborne Audio product manufactured in the UK under the team’s watchful eyes and features elite audio specifications and application-based features that defies its price tag and is accessible for professional, project, and home studio engineers.
- Two discrete Mic/Line/Hi-Z preamps featuring the award-winning ‘Camden’ topology from the Camden 500 Preamp and Signal Processor for 500 series
- Fully-discrete, transformerless design featuring designed by Cranborne Audio’s Director of Engineering - Edward Holmes
- Audio performance at the near-theoretical limits of noise, distortion, and phase/frequency linearity at all gain settings
- EIN: <-129.5dBu, 150 ohm source, unweighted, <-135.5dBu, Inputs common, unweighted
- THD+N: <0.0004%, 1kHz, 35dB gain, 24dBu out
- Intermodulation Distortion: <0.0008%, 50Hz and 7kHz, 35dB gain, 20dBu out
- Phase Shift: <2.25°, 40dB gain, 20Hz to 20kHz, <4°, Max gain, 20Hz to 20kHz
- Freq. Response: <±1dB, <5 Hz to >200 kHz, all gain settings
- CMRR: >70dB, typ >85dB, 35dB Gain, 10-20kHz, 100mV Common mode
- Two instances of ‘Mojo’ analogue saturation circuits with variable controls, true bypass, and 2 discrete styles - Thump and Cream
- Thump excites low-end content by boosting lower odd/even harmonics from a range of 160Hz to 20Hz and below
- Cream boosts odd/even harmonics whilst also reducing the amplitude of the fundamental frequencies and applying typical transformer-style transient taming
- Two discrete headphone mixers with independant CH1, CH2, Aux Input, and Master level controls
- Monitor the preamps during mic placement to find the sweet spot
- Create cue/monitor mixes using combining local Camden preamps mixed with external playback.
- 1/4” Aux Input Jacks for connecting audio playback into Camden EC2’s headphone mixers.
- 'Stereo’ switch to pan CH1 & CH2 left and right in each headphone mix for true stereo monitoring of live sources
- Dual reference-quality, high-powered headphone amplifiers
- Freq. Response: <±1dB, <5 Hz to >100 kHz
- Output Impedance: 0.33 Ohms
- THD: 0.0003%, 1kHz
- Output Wattage: 2x250mW @ 600 ohm, 2x450mW @ 220 ohm, 2x250mW @ 100 ohm
- Balanced XLR outputs and impedance balanced ¼” jack outputs for maximum connectivity into audio interfaces and other downstream equipment
- XLR outputs with 26.5dBu max output level
- ¼” Jack outputs with 20.5dBu max output level
- Dedicated 1/4" ‘Link’ outputs for true instrument DI functionality and splitting instrument inputs to a backline amplifier
- C.A.S.T OUT port for connecting Camden EC2 into 500R8/500ADAT
- Transmit Camden EC2’s preamps directly into 500R8 and 500ADAT’s 500 series modules inputs for recording
- Receive a stereo mix generated from 500R8/500ADAT and monitoring using Camden EC2’s headphone mixers
- All managed and distributed via a single shielded Cat5 cable
- C.A.S.T IN port for connecting N22/N22H Cat 5 snakes to relocate Camden EC2 I/O elsewhere in the studio
- Receive 2 inputs from N22/N22H directly into the preamp inputs of Camden EC2
- Transmit Camden EC2’s Aux 1 headphone mix into N22/N22H for direct monitoring by the musician
- All managed and distributed via a single shielded Cat5 cable
- External high-current 24v 1a power supply with latching connector
- Designed, engineered and manufactured in the United Kingdom