Wij gebruiken cookies om uw ervaring beter te maken. Om te voldoen aan de cookie wetgeving, vragen we uw toestemming om de cookies te plaatsen. Meer informatie.
500ADAT is the best way to expand your ADAT equipped audio interface and enjoy the sonic possibilities of the 500 series format as your very own customisable analogue front-end for recording.
500ADAT combines cutting-edge digital performance with tried-and-tested ADAT. Utilising high-end converters with 121dB (unweighted) signal-to-noise ratio and ultra-low jitter (<0.5 picoseconds) internal clocking ensures that every subtle nuance of your analogue signal is captured perfectly and sent via ADAT to an interface of your choice.
500 Series Possibilities
500ADAT combines a high-current 8-slot 500 series chassis with digital conversion and ADAT - a powerful and accessible way to get your favourite analogue 500 series preamps, compressors, and EQs into your tracking and mixing digital workflow.
World-Class Digital Performance
To create a "studio in a box" where your favourite 500 series modules could shine on your digital recordings, it was critical to ensure our digital conversion and analogue processing is best-in-class. We squeezed every possible .1dB of performance out of 500ADAT to achieve digital and analogue performance that ensures that the only thing colouring your recordings are mic placements and mix decisions.
The implementation of our ADCs result in 121dB (unweighted) signal-to-noise ratio and - 112dB THD+N whilst our DACs achieve 127dB (unweighted) signal-to-noise and -115dB THD+N. Our analogue design stages operate at between 0.0002-0.0004% THD+N to ensure that the only factors influencing the converters' dynamic range are the converters themselves and not the supporting analogue circuity.
Master Reference-Quality Clock
A/D and D/A numbers don't tell the whole story. Converters are only as good as the clocks that are governing them. Our internal digital clock reaches atomic-clock level accuracy, for master reference-quality with < 0.5 picoseconds of jitter. Our designs feature isolated analogue and digital ground planes and power rails so that our digital elements receive accurate clocks and our analogue signals are noise- and distortion-free.
CAST stands for Cat5 Analogue Snake Transport and enables cost effective and organised cable management around your studio by repurposing off-the-shelf shielded Cat5 Networking cables to transport 4 channels of balanced analogue audio (mic, Line, or Instrument level) over a single cable.
500ADAT has 4 CAST RRTT ports that allow you to connect any of our breakout boxes (to be announced soon) and place analogue I/O where you need it - whether it's in the live room, vocal booth, or the bedroom next door.
Our clever impedance matching means that the signal quality can exceed that of a mic cable for a fraction of the price and over a distance of up to 100m. CAST is 100% analogue and requires ZERO setup. Plug one end of the cable in one box, and the other end into 500ADAT and it just works. No setup. No latency. No fuss. And it sounds great.
- 8in/8out ADAT Interface
- Ultra low-latency ADAT Interface with SMUXII/IV transport.
- 8 channels at 44.1-96kHz, 4 channels at 192kHz.
- High-performance AD/DA conversion
- ADCs = 121dB (unweighted) signal-to-noise ratio and - 112dB THD+N.
- DACs = 127dB (unweighted) signal-to-noise and -115dB THD+N.
- 0dBFs = 26.5dBu for huge headroom when recording and the ability to drive modules for a wider range of effects.
- Master reference-quality internal clock
- Capable of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, and 192kHz operation.
- Sub 0.5 picoseconds of jitter.
- Dedicated Word Clock Input and Output via BNC.
- External sync options using Word Clock BNC, or ADAT.
- Analogue summing mixer
- 8-into-2 analogue summing mixer with 26.5dBu of headroom and dedicated balanced 1/4" jack outputs.
- CAST link port for increased expandability when used with Cranborne Audio 500R8 (sold separately).
- Zero-latency artist mixer
- Zero-latency analogue artist mixer with physical level/pan controls per channel and Aux Input blend controls.
- 2 high-power headphone outputs with independent blend and level controls
- High-current 8-slot 500 series rack
- <250mA current per-slot with headroom.
- XLR inputs, XLR line outputs, TRS Inserts (pre-ADC) per 500 series slot.
- Module source switching options to send Analogue, ADAT or external CAST signals through your favourite 500 series modules.
- Module bypass switches per-slot allowing 500ADAT to be used without 500 series modules inserted.
- CAST Compatible
- CAST ports per channel for relocating analogue I/O around studio using passive or active CAST breakout boxes via standard shielded Cat 5 (boxes coming soon).
- 24v, 5 amp external locking power supply
- External power supply for improved analogue audio performance and heat dissipation.
- Designed, Engineered, and Manufactured In The UK
- Each and every 500ADAT is extensively tested by a team of dedicated engineers to ensure reliability and consistency.