The Sub12 active subwoofer features a special long throw 12" bass speaker, tuned in a bass reflex enclosure to a corner frequency of 25Hz and combined with a 200-watt RMS power amplifier to deliver an impressive low end without boominess or compression.
The Sub12 guarantees you'll hear every remnant of low frequency effects in your 2.1, 5.1 or other surround system. A specially constructed bass speaker with an extended long-throw characteristic means the Sub12 can reproduce frequencies down to 23Hz. And the Sub12's 200-watt amplifier powers the speaker to its optimum performance.
But the Sub12 doesn't have to strain its power amp! With a larger cabinet volume, extended low frequency response is possible with less equalization, thereby placing less taxing power demands on the amplifier and enabling more natural and acoustically pleasing performance. Even at the lowest frequencies the Sub12 sounds clean and convincing!
The Sub12 is easy to integrate into your system. Connect via your choice of RCA or balanced XLR connectors. In order to adapt the Sub12 to different satellite loudspeakers, you can limit the high frequency output of the subwoofer with the variable low pass filter. Plus, you can independently roll off the low frequency output of the satellites using a variable high pass filter. These crossovers are natural and musical thanks to the Sub12's use of variable frequency 24dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley filters.
- 12" subwoofer with very low frequency response
- Larger cabinet creates less demand on power amplifier
- Low pass and high pass filters for easy coordination with satellite speakers
- Frequency response 25Hz-150Hz
- 200-watt power amplifier built in
- Compact 11.8" x 19.7" x 15.75" cabinet
- Convenient connections via RCA or XLR cables
- Maximum SPL 115dBA
- Variable frequency low pass and high pass filters