The Apollo 8p Quad Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface is the latest generation in the Thunderbolt 2 range that delivers enhanced sound with the feel, flow and tone of analogue recording. With it powerful Quad processing, next-generation A/D and D/A conversion and four onboard Unison mic preamps, the Apollo 8p delivers sound that rises above anything in its class.
The Apollo 8p allows you to have a full analogue studio in just a single rack mount. The key to this analogue sound is its onboard UAD-2 Quad processing, which powers Universals UAD plug-ins natively. This reduces the strain on your computer, allowing you to use more power for your DAW. These UAD Powered plug-ins include vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines and more. Because they're being powered by the Apollo 8p itself, there is near-zero latency regardless of your audio software buffer size. With award-winning UAD plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more, the Apollo 8p serves up authentic analogue tone and warmth.
Eight Unison-enabled mic preamps let you track audio with colourful preamp sounds from API, Neve and Universal Audio. This Unison technology brings the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps to your studio, including their impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviours. The hardware-software integration between the Apollo's mic preamps and UAD-2 processing allows them to have this unique character.
Using them is so simple, you'll constantly be using them to add character to your sound. Once you have selected a tube or solid state preamp from the UAD plug-ins, place it to your selected mic input and record in real time through stunning emulations.
This Unison technology goes further than just the mic inputs. Plugging in a guitar to one of the Hi-Z inputs gives you impedance and gain matching for stompbox models like the Ibanez Tube Screamer.
The use of Thunberbolt allows you to expand your system and constantly add I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8p, Apollo 8, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices.
- Onboard UAD-2 Quad Core DSP allowing Realtime UAD Processing
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt 2 audio interface for Mac with powerful Console 2.0 software control
- Next-generation Apollo A/D and D/A conversion for professional music production
- 8 Unison-enabled mic preamps for tracking through preamp emulations Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz at 24-bit word length
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, and assignable Dim or Mono
- 8x Microphone Inputs
- 2x High-Impedance (Hi-Z) Instrument Inputs
- 8x Analogue Line Inputs
- 6x Analogue Line Outputs (eight including monitor outputs)
- 2x Analogue Monitor Outputs (one stereo pair)
- 2x Stereo Headphone Outputs
- ADAT Up to eight channels via dual I/O ports with S/MUX
- S/PDIF One stereo input, one stereo output
- Thunderbolt 2 ports 2 (Thunderbolt 1 compatible)
- Word Clock 1 input, 1 output
- Includes “Realtime Analogue Classics Plus” plug-in bundle
- World class UA analogue design, superior components, and premium build quality