The Roland Aira Torcido is a very versatile effect that combines the classic Roland distortion with extraordinary control and flexibility. It can produce anything from a gentle, warm overdrive to a heavily driven distortion.
The Torcido is not just for modular synth players, its perfect for keyboard players, guitarists, DJs or any adventurous musician looking to expand their sound. This Japanese crafted unit has large, smooth controls that have over 16 million steps of resolution and is fully re-programmable via computer, smartphone or tablet.
The distortion amount, tone, tube warmth, wet/dry signal, low-end boost and signal bypass are all independently controlled using either the large comfortable controls or standard 1/8" patch cables. The distortion amount and tone parameters have input level controls for adjusting the modulation range when controlled from an external source. It can be used as a Eurotrack module or as a table-top unit and with its wide array of CV/Gate inputs, this 21HP unit can be used in a range of applications from studio production to live performances.
The Torcido internal signal path is fully customisable by re-patching its virtual sub-modules via a custom application that works on both Mac and PC as well as iOS and Android devices. Re-patching is done through an intuitive and simple drag and drop interface that also allows you to choose which parameters are assigned to the high-resolution “GRF” knobs. The Torcido can be reprogrammed in realtime over a simple USB connection or save and recall patches with an audio signal.
The Torcido is stereo-capable thanks to its two inputs and two outputs, and it also works as a 24bit/96kHz audio interface for Eurorack systems. With its Roland AIRA Link USB compatibility, it has single cable plug and play connectivity with the Roland MX-1 Mix Performer.
- Classic Roland distortion sound
- CV/Gate parameter control including distortion amount, tone and tube warmth
- Table-top unit or 21 HP Eurorack module using AC or Eurorack power
- 24-bit “GRF” knobs with over 16 million steps of resolution
- Re-programmable via Mac, PC, iOS, Android application
- 15 patchable submodules, expandable with free updates
- 2 inputs and 2 outputs with dual-mono or stereo capability
- AIRA Link compatible
- 24bit/96kHz audio interface
- Carefully crafted in Japan
- Includes braided patch cables