The Event Opal Active Studio Monitor is a cost-effective, mid-sized, two-way speaker capable of delivering the great dynamics and mid-range clarity.
The Event Opal Monitor has been designed from the ground up, featuring entirely bespoke components. The cabinet, which features a convenient lifting handle, is made from cast and machined aluminium with nicely radiused edges and corners to minimise diffraction, and has a pair of vertical slot ports on the front baffle.
The Event Opal delivers 750 watts from two all-discrete class AB amps, located on the rear of the speaker. Front-panel controls (hidden behind a flap) can be used to fine tune the tonal balance of the speaker, with some specifically for use when Event Opal is mounted horizontally.
The Event Opal has a 25-pin D-sub connector and threaded mounting points, designed to accept external interface modules to expand the versatility of the system. The first of these to be offered is an AES3 input module. Furthermore, as standard, the new monitor comes with bespoke room-mode analysis software and a dedicated measurement mic to help optimise the system in every control room.
- EX8 180mm (7.1”) - Low Frequency Driver
- ULD1 25.4mm (1”) - High Frequency Driver
- Cabinet Volume: 28 Litres
- Cabinet Construction: High Pressure Injection-Moulded Aluminium
- Cabinet Finish: Black Powdercoat
- Low Frequency Vents: Two Variable Impedance Ports
- Waveguide Construction: High Pressure Injection-Moulded Aluminium
- Waveguide: Elliptical waveguide - Rotatable
- Mounting Points: Four each M8 Omni-mount Pattern
- Cabinet Dimensions: 295mmW x 450mmH x 273mmD / 11.6”W x 17.7”H x 10.8”D
- Cabinet Weight: 21.2kg / 46.74lb
- Frequency Response: 35Hz – 22kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 1600Hz
- Crossover Type: Acoustic 8th Order (48dB/Oct)
- 3rd Harmonic Distortion @ 90dB SPL, 1m: 500 - 7kHz - 0.08% / 200 - 20kHz - 0.2% / <200Hz - 1.5%