MatrixBrute might be the most powerful analog monophonic synthesizer ever made! It has the flexibility and routing options of a modular synth while offering the convenience of preset recall, MatrixBrute is a dream machine for everyone interested in creating a sound palette of their own.
The MatrixBrute has two of the well known ‘Brute style’ oscillators, each of which has its own sub oscillator and the wave shapers that made the Minibrute the new standard in analog synths. With the analog UltraSaw wave shape you can make this single oscillator sound like three detuned sawtooth oscillators. The Metalizer on the triangle wave can give your sound a harsh metallic edge. The sub-oscillator with its waveform control adds low end beefy goodness.
The matrix can also be used to recall your presets. Instantly recall any of the 256 patch presets! No menu diving or awkward selection screens, everything is at your fingertips.
On top of all of that, the Matrix brute features a hugely capable sequencer. This is no ordinary step-sequencer. It has the ability to be used as a modulation source as well, where sounds can evolve in melody and texture.
The Steiner-Parker multimode filter, well known in our MiniBrute and MicroBrute, has been brought back but a DRIVE control has been added to thicken up the filter sound. On top of this a switch has been added so the filter can be 12db per octave, like the original, or 24db per octave for fatter sounds.
The audio signal path is 100% analogue. MatrixBrute also features some true analogue effects. The MatrixBrute gives you the sonic quality and power of a vast modular synthesizer but with the flexibility of presets along with a great arpeggiator and an advanced sequencer.
- Analog Matrix Synthesizer
- 256 Preset Memory Locations
- 2 x Analog Exponential VCO’s
- 1 x Analog Linear VCO/LFO
- VCO 2>1 Hard Sync
- Noise Generator (White, Pink, Red & Blue)
- 5 x Input Audio Mixers with Filter Routing
- Steiner Parker Filter with 12+24 db per Octave Modes
- Ladder Filter with 12+24 db per Octave Modes
- 2 x LFO’s
- 3 x Envelope Generators
- External Audio In
- 16x16 Matrix Modulation Panel
- 64 Step Sequencer
- Analog Effects (Stereo delay, Delay, Flanger, Chorus, Analog Reverberator)
- 12 CV / Gate Inputs/Outputs
- Audio Input, Line or Instrument Level
- Stereo Audio Output
- MIDI and USB I/O
- Pedal inputs for Expression and Sustain